Hello holiday people! ‘Tis the season to be busy!
It’s so easy to get overwhelmed with the expectations and demands of the holiday season that we lose focus and perspective on what is really needed to have an enjoyable celebration. Give yourself a break if you intended, but did not succeed, in cooking or baking home made gifts, or in having the freezer and refrigerator filled with a multitude of meals for hosting and entertaining. Find the time for special holiday fun with your family by using some of these sanity savers:
- Save time shopping by ordering groceries on-line
- Mail-order specialty foods to augment holiday entertaining or meals
- Buy pre-made appetizers (Trader Joe’s has a good selection)
- Order prepared meals from a local market (Whole Foods has a nice menu)
- Purchase a pre-cooked main entrée (smoked turkey, ham, roast beef) to make time and oven-space for all of the sides
- Have a potluck celebration
- Eat some of your meals out or order take-out
- Simple foods can be the most satisfying. Stock the pantry with an assortment of nuts, dried fruits, cheeses, crackers, chips, olives, salami, or pickled vegetables for easy snacks and hors d’oeuvres.
- And remember to keep the meal provider supported – take some time for yourself. An hour of renewal will make you much more productive (and jolly!). Take yourself out to lunch, go for a walk, take a nap, read a good cookbook.
Have a delicious holiday!